2016 Canadian Mountain Running Championships Qualifying Series
A) Canadian Mountain Running Championships (Standard Distance)
The Canadian Mountain Running Championships will be held at the Squamish Sea to Sky Scramble Trail Run on June 25, 2016.
Note: Competitors need to qualify to compete at the 2016 Canadian Mountain Running Championships
The Canadian national team for the 32nd World Mountain Running Championships in Sapareva Banya, Bulgaria on September 11th, 2016 will be selected from the Canadian Mountain Running Championships.
- Canadian Regional Mountain Running Qualifying Series
Athletes wishing to participate in the Canadian mountain running championships will have to qualify by meeting one of the following criteria:
- you have previously competed for Canada in Mountain Running or Cross-Country Running at the international level in the last 5 years (NACAC, Worlds or Commonwealth Championships)
- you have finished in the top three in your age group in a Canadian Regional Mountain Running Qualifying Series race:
- Eastern Qualifying Race: Xtrail Mont Sutton, May 28, 2016 [Note: racers can qualify in any distance - 6.5k, 11.8k or 22k]
- Ontario Qualifying Race: 5Peaks Terra Cotta, April 30, 2016 [Note: racers can qualify in either Sports Course or Enduro Course]
- Prairies Qualifying Race: 5Peaks Sikome Lake, May 14, 2016 [Note: racers can qualify in either Sports Course or Enduro Course]
- BC Qualifying Race: 5Peaks Golden Ears, May 7, 2016 [Note: racers can qualify in either Sports Course or Enduro Course]
- you have run under 36 minutes (men) or 40 minutes (women) for 10 kilometres in 2015 or 2016 in a sanctioned road or cross-country race or any other equivalent race result.
B) Canadian Long Distance Mountain Running Championships
The Canadian Long Distance Mountain Running Championships are being hosted at The North Face Kal Park Dirty Feet 50 on May 1st, 2016.
The Kal Park Dirty Feet 50 will be the qualifying race for the 13th WMRA Long Distance Mountain Running Championships on June 18th, 2016 in Podbrdo, Slovenia.
Canadian National Team Selection
More details about how to qualify for the Canadian national mountain running team is available in the CMRA's Selection Criteria document.